Are You Facing Family Legal Issues?
At Two Rivers Law P.A., we have 10 years of experience guiding families through the legal process with as little pain and cost as possible. From our office in Otsego, we represent individuals in Elk River, Anoka and Maple Grove and throughout the northwest suburbs. We know just how much is at stake in preparing for divorce and in other family matters. We work tirelessly to put our clients in the best position for success.
Legal Services To Meet Your Family Challenges
Our family law attorney assists clients with many issues, including:
- Divorce in Minnesota: We represent individuals in all types of divorce, from uncontested divorce to contested, high-asset divorce. Regardless of your legal goals, we can help you find the most cost-effective way to achieve them.
- Division of assets: We educate individuals about dividing their assets and debts equitably. Attorney David Cox has a business background, allowing him to comprehend the tax and financial issues of family-owned businesses and other complex estates.
- Divorce for small-business owners: If you own a business and are going through divorce, you are probably concerned about the future of that business. We can assist you in negotiating property division and working to protect your business interests.
- Child custody: We’re committed to helping parents preserve and protect their relationship with their children during and after divorce. In every custody matter, our goal is to help parents create parenting plans that reflect their unique needs.
- Modification of your agreement: If there has been a significant change in circumstances, we can help you modify support or custody arrangements.
- Real estate issues: During a divorce, one spouse may choose to buy the other spouse out of his or her share in the marital home. We can help you work through these agreements surrounding equity and home ownership and title transfer, as well as other property division issues. In some cases, the spouse staying in the house may not have the money to pay equity to the other spouse. In such cases, a marital lien can be placed the property to be paid out at the time of sale of the home.
- Nonparent rights: Grandparents, aunts, uncles and others who have formed significant relationships with children may want to protect their visitation rights to these important bonds and relationships. We can help you pursue these rights.
- Stepparent adoption: One of the most joyful areas of our practice is representing families through the stepparent adoption process. We understand the financial strain that adoption can place on families, and we offer deeply reduced prices to help families legally solidify their relationships.
- Orders for protection and domestic violence: We help victims obtain the court orders they need to protect themselves and their family, and we defend persons who have been falsely or unfairly accused of domestic violence.
Learn About Your Options In A Free Consultation
We know this can be a stressful time, and we are here to provide the counsel you need at every step in the process. Learn more about your options by scheduling a free consultation with an experienced, local lawyer. Reach us through our contact form or by calling 763.575.7911.