Kay is an attorney passionate about helping families during the most stressful and sensitive times of their lives. Kay earned her law degree from the University of St. Thomas School of Law where she gained valuable knowledge and experience as a certified student attorney.
Prior to joining Two Rivers Law P.A., Kay devoted her work to public service. Kay’s previous work experience consists of a variety of family law and criminal law positions serving diverse and underserved communities at the Hennepin County District Court, Central Minnesota Legal Services, Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, and Hennepin County Public Defender’s Office. In these roles, Kay represented clients in custody and divorce matters, Orders for Protection, Harassment Restraining Orders, and criminal matters. Kay has a strong passion for social justice, and she works diligently and strategically to get clients the best outcome with the least amount of conflict.
When she is not practicing law, she enjoys traveling with her husband and three children, DIY home renovations, interior design, and thrifting. She has made St. Michael her home and is looking forward to serving the community and the area.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: Dean's Scholarship
- Honors: Recruitment Director & Senior Editor of the Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Honors: McGee Civil Rights Moot Court Team
- Metropolitan State University, St. Paul MN, St. Paul, Minnesota
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Minnesota Fourth Judicial District
- Central Minnesota Legal Services
- Hennepin County Attorney’s Office
- Hennepin County Public Defender’s Office