Don’t Let Drug Charges Ruin Your Life
Being convicted of a drug crime can tarnish an otherwise clean criminal record. Convictions carry jail time and fines. A conviction could also affect future job prospects, apartment applications, vehicle loans, mortgage applications and other background checks and future opportunities. That is why keeping your record clean is so important. Don’t let one stupid mistake haunt you down the road. Speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer today and get your life back on track.
At Two Rivers Law P.A. in Otsego, we represent clients in the northern suburbs of the Twin Cities metropolitan area and in and around Elk River and Otsego. Call 763.575.7911 for a free consultation.
Knowledge And Experience Can Be Your Best Defense
Our criminal defense attorney David Cox has represented clients in drug crime cases for over 10 years. His experience can help you in reaching the best outcome in your case. Attorney Cox is known for being empathetic, understanding and knowledgeable.
We defend people against charges for possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia, distribution, manufacture and cultivation of controlled substances in federal and state courts.
What Kinds Of Defense Strategies Can Be Pursued?
Our Minnesota drug crime attorney David Cox has experience defending clients in drug court. He knows how to proceed in these cases. There are several strategies that may be used for your defense, including:
- Miranda rights violation — Did the police officers properly read you your rights based on the Miranda Law?
- Illegal search and seizure — Did the police have probable cause for searching you or your vehicle or your premises?
- Suppression of evidence — Was the evidence collected against you legally? If not, the evidence may be thrown out and the case could be dismissed.
- First offense — What is your standing in the community? Was this your first offense? There may be diversion programs to keep you out of jail.
- Ownership — Maybe the drugs were not yours. This could be a strategy if we can prove someone else may have owned the drug in question and you were just caught in the middle.
A good attorney will be able to devise a defense strategy to work for the best result in your case and pursue leniency on your behalf.
Speak With An Attorney Today
At Two Rivers Law P.A. in Otsego, we have assisted clients in fighting drug charges and can help you too. Call him at 763.575.7911 to set up your free consultation. You can also email the firm to make an appointment.