Select Page

Spousal Maintenance And Child Support Modifications

When a divorce is finalized, a divorce decree will outline child custody, child support, spousal maintenance (alimony) and other factors. When a divorce decree is entered, it reflects a family’s current living situation. However, as time passes and lives change, the divorce decree may need to change as well. If there has been a significant change in your life, you may need to modify your child custody, child support or alimony arrangements. A knowledgeable lawyer will be essential in helping you take these steps.

Get a free consultation with divorce attorney David Cox by calling 763.575.7911.

Experienced In A Variety Of Divorce Matters

At Two Rivers Law P.A., we have 10 years of experience representing individuals throughout the northwest suburbs, including Elk River, Anoka and Maple Grove. We help families modify family law arrangements for:

  • Child custody
  • Parenting time
  • Child support
  • Support modifications
  • Spousal maintenance (alimony)

What Is A Significant Change In Circumstances?

To modify orders or raise child support, individuals must be able to prove that there has been a significant change in circumstances. A significant change could include a promotion, job loss, a change in working hours or relocation by one parent. We will discuss the changes in your life and help you understand whether you will be able to modify your custody, parenting time, child support or alimony arrangements.

If you are no longer able to meet your support or custody arrangements, it’s critical to contact an attorney as soon as possible. If you stop paying your full child support obligation or fail to adhere to your child custody and visitation agreement, you can be held in contempt of court.

Speak With An Experienced Attorney

Whether you are looking to raise or lower your child support or modify custody arrangements, contact us to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer. Reach us through our online contact form or by calling 763.575.7911.